Friday, March 2, 2007

Hamlet's LAPS Blog

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I've been working on my 2.0 blog at home because I work part-time and it's hard for me to focus at the library. For the past couple of weeks, I haven't been keeping up with the new tasks. I'm guilty for two reasons. One, I've been playing the new SIMS Stories game which despite the positive reviews, I find disappointing. Second, I've been creating a blog for LAPS (Large Ample Pigs Society.) I'm a member of the Guinea Pig Daily Digest, an interactive e-mail digest involving guinea pig owners from all around the world. Hamlet volunteered as Secretary for LAPS and Web 2.0 has helped me create another blog just for that club. Thank you LCPL for teaching me about blogs, Flickr, Flickr Toys and Image Generators. These tools all helped me create it. Now that it's set up and open to other LAPS members, it's back to learning. I have a lot of catching up to do!

A story about Hamlet:
Hamlet's LAPS Profile
Hamlet's LAPS Profile,
originally uploaded by cavyfan.
Hamlet is my "big boned" pig. His heftiness gained him membership to the exclusive LAPS (Large Ample Pigs Society) club on the Guinea Pig Daily Digest. He's so happy to have finally found a group of guinea pigs that share his love for eating and lounging. Seussy, his non biological brother, only weighs 2lbs. 8oz. As you can imagine, before LAPS, Hamlet was very insecure about his weight.

I love this little guy and his sweet little brother too!

No comments: