Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Thing 18 - Web-based Applications

Using Zoho to Report on New Technology

For the past couple of days, I've been searching the news for an interesting story to write about using Zoho. Well, on the way to the library this morning, I heard a story worth sharing. I learned that TiVo customers will soon be able to purchase movies from Amazon and download them to their TiVos. Nifty!  Now, I just need to convince my husband to buy a TiVo.


About Zoho

Wow! Web-based applications are very useful. I can create and view a document, spreadsheet or presentation practically anywhere. It unties me from one computer or network. The only downside seems to be that these web-based applications aren't as versatile as Microsoft's products. For instance, I can customize the font in Microsoft Word whereas Zoho has set font sizes. Also, neither Zoho Writer nor Zoho Show has clip art. Both are features that I frequently use. So, I think Microsoft is safe, for now.


* I'm using Zoho's publish feature to post this onto my blog.  I tried to make the format consistent to the rest of my blog posts.  After many tries, I think it looks very similar.

No comments: