Friday, March 2, 2007

Thing 16 - Wikis

The wiki that I found most interesting was Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki. Under the Programming heading, there was a link to Displays. Several users had uploaded pictures of their library displays. It helped ignite my creative spark. Watch out craft stores, here I come! :-) At last year's staff development day, we had a sharing/ best practices group discussion and I found it very helpful. Wouldn't it be great if we had this type of sharing online via a wiki?

I was also very intrigued by the Book Lovers Wiki. I wish there was a way for our patrons to review the books that they have read. It would help me alert them to newly published books that match their interests.

On a lighter note, I used the wiki search tool to find information on "guinea pigs." It helped me find a new web site called Guinea Pigs Club. There are lots of guinea pig themed games to play. If you get a chance, try out How Quickly Can You Feed Your Guinea Pig. he! he!

No comments: