Friday, February 16, 2007

Thing 14 - Technorati

Well, I've spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to use Technorati. At one point, I felt quite confident with using this application. I even claimed my blog and felt a tiny bit proud. It was then that I saw another person's blog and found that they had taken the challenge and added links to tags. My confidence was completely deflated. I couldn't figure out how to get those tags in there and Honey, I'm sorry (my husband runs his own website) but when I look at HTML code, I get a little overwhelmed. It took a bit but I think I've finally figured it out. I've tagged a few terms:







For those experts out there, why aren't there any blog posts relating to my tags?

I also played with the keyword search. Of all of them, I prefer the Blog Posts search. If I was researching a topic, this search would be most helpful because it shows a blog post your term embedded in it. The organized part of my brain had a fondness for the directory search. The results more organized and easier to visually process.

Whew! I need an aspirin.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

GPF: Wow, I love your enthusiasm...and photos...it's pretty obvious you're enjoying this learning 2.0 stuff...

Reader said...

I agree with Cindy. I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for being so generous in helping the technically challenged.

Blue Ridge Reader