Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Thing 12 - Rolling My Own Search Engines

Rollyo helped me to create two new search engines, one that is work related and another that is guinea pig related.

My work search engine is called My Library Aide. I only cataloged Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Books a Million onto this engine. I order new books for a handful of patrons but only if the reviews are good. Now I can just enter the title of the book and read the reviews from all three books sites. I think it will save me a lot of time.

My other search engine is called Cavy Fetch. I also belong to a community of guinea pig owners. When a health issue arises, I often refer to a couple of guinea pig related web sites. Now, I can just type the issue in, and see the responses from both websites.


Powered by Rollyo

No comments: