Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Thing 13 - Delicious

Del.icio.us is web-i-licious!

I created my own account. I didn't want to miss out on any of the fun. I don't know how I'm going to find the time to maintain all of these accounts. Are any of the Web 2.0 steps related to time-management? he! he!

Anyway, most of my tags relate to guinea pigs - surprise, surprise! :-) Creating an account helped me answer the question: How could Del.icio.us be used as a research tool? I'm hoping that if a new guinea pig owner joined Delicious to learn more about their new pet, they will find my links useful. I made so many mistakes when I adopted my first guinea pig, Baxter. The biggest mistake I made was feed him a diet suggested by PetCo. When Baxter was one year old, he became very ill. His veterinarian blamed it on an an incorrect diet. I adjusted his diet and he remained healthy for four more years. I don't want other new guinea pig owners to fall in the same trap that I did if they adopt a guinea pig from a pet store so I added lots of links related to guinea pig care. I also added links to guinea pig supply stores so that new owners can buy their new pet lots of toys too.


Another great reason for using Delicious is to consolidate bookmarks. We have three computers in our house and none of them have the same bookmarks. Now, we'll always have access to them regardless of which computer we use.

No comments: