Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Thing 11 - Library Thing

This week I am fighting a cold that is immune to medicine and vitamins. I'm quarantined to three rooms in the house. Luckily, one of them contains a computer so I can continue learning Web 2.0.

Library Thing is a great resource. Patrons often ask me to recommend books that are similar to the book that they have just finished. I use the library's databases but I've noticed that only the popular authors are usually listed. Sometimes I need to look for more obscure authors. Library Thing may help me find a better answer.

I used Library Thing to catalog my favorite books, not the books that I own. Now, I can delete the book pictures that I've added to Flickr and add them to my Library Thing.

1 comment:

Reader said...

You will be able to an even better job of finding books on cd for commuters who have long rides.

Blue Ridge Reader