Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Thing 8 - RSS and Bloglines

First of all, I'm thankful to the person who created the Loudoun County RSS feed. Several months ago, my manager told the staff that Loudoun County was offering an RSS feed. I had never heard of RSS. I was so embarrassed by my lack of knowledge, that I went home, created a Yahoo account and subscribed to the feed (with my technology-savvy husband's help, of course). Without that experience, I think this task would have been overwhelming.

Tonight, I learned about Bloglines and I went a little crazy on the RSS feeds. Soon I may be suffering from information overload :-) I couldn't resist. There is so much to learn out there in cyberspace and it's so accessible. So visit my Bloglines account and check out my feeds. Don't worry, they're not all guinea pig related. :-p

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hi - I'm really enjoying your blog - lots of good information - I didn't know Netflix was offering downloads....